After nearly five months of closure, a bit of stress and a lot of love, we’re very excited to reopen the gallery to the public on Tuesday, September 8th!
Gallery Hours : Tuesday – Saturday (12 – 6 PM)
Gallery visits will be by appointment only, to prioritize the health and safety of staff, visitors and collaborators and you can book an appointment by completing this online form. We ask you to provide your name, email, date and time of your visit and access needs.
If you are accompanied by a group, please note that our capacity is 10 (ten) people in the space at the same time including staff and visitors.
Visitor Terms & Conditions
- All visitors are required to complete a self-assessment visitor log with their name and date, stating if they have any COVID-19 symptoms before entering Xpace
- All visitors must sanitize hands at the front entrance with the hand sanitizer provided
- All visitors must wash hands thoroughly after using the restroom, sneezing, touching their face, blowing their nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, or drinking.
- All visitors must comply with the Xpace mask usage policy within the space. Disposable masks are available at the front entrance
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do I need to know before visiting Xpace?
We are prioritizing the health and safety of visitors and staff at Xpace Cultural Centre. Please read the following before visiting us:
If you are feeling unwell, show any COVID-19 symptoms, have been tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in touch with anyone that has, please stay home and take the time to heal and recuperate.
- Wear a mask during your entire visit (Some exceptions apply, see below)
- Remain at least two (2) metres apart from other visitors at all times.
- Please wait your turn. We are permitting ten (10) people at Xpace at the same time, including office, galleries and restrooms. If you plan on visiting with a friend/group of friends, please let us know in advance and keep in mind that you might not be allowed to enter the space at the same time if we are at capacity.
- Use hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving the gallery. We have a hand sanitizing station in the entrance and two gender-neutral restrooms where you can wash and dry your hands. We’ve also posted signage with instructions for hand-washing and face-covering.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue; if no tissue is available, use your elbow and wash your hands right after.
How do I book an appointment to visit the gallery or zine library?
We are not encouraging spontaneous visits to Xpace Cultural Centre during this time. If you are interested in stopping by to visit the gallery, zine library (or say hello to us!) please complete this online form. Our staff is not working from Xpace every day, so we will try to accommodate as best as possible. We’re looking forward to seeing you too!
Are visitors to Xpace required to wear a mask or face covering
Yes. Everyone, within their capacity, is required to wear a mask or face covering at all times when visiting Xpace. Please see exceptions below.
Is anyone exempt from wearing a mask or face covering while visiting Xpace?
We recognize that masks and face coverings are not universally accessible and pose a specific challenge to some folx. Please see a list below of people who are not required to wear a mask or face covering at Xpace:
- Children under the age of two. Babies and young children must not wear a face covering because of the risk of suffocation.
- Individuals with a medical condition that makes it difficult to wear a mask. This can include but is not limited to:
- Medical condition, mental health condition, cognitive condition or disability that prevents wearing a mask or face covering.
- Medical condition that makes it difficult to breath or someone who is unconscious or incapacitated.
- People who are hearing impaired, or are communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, and where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication
- Individuals who are unable to put on our remove a mask without assistance
- People who require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Staff within an area designated for them and not for public access. This designated area is the private office for Xpace Director and Programming Coordinators.
*Please note that we will not ask you for any “proof” or “evidence” of any condition(s).
I have a question or concern about accessibility, and/or need accessibility accomodations. Who can I speak to about this?
Xpace is at street-level, with accessible door width to the gallery entrance and gender-neutral washrooms, that also have grab bars. We do not have automatic door openers. If you have any accessibility concerns or questions, please fill out the form or contact Alexia at firstname.lastname@example.org before visiting.
Will Xpace be screening visitors and staff before entering the gallery?
Xpace will be screening visitors and staff before entering the gallery by asking folx to complete and sign a self-assessment visitor log with their name, date and confirmation that they have no COVID-19 symptoms.
Has Xpace made any changes to the gallery or zine space?
We’ve removed the pamphlets and publications from the front entrance, which you can request from one of our staff members instead. We also have gloves available for visitors who are interested in browsing the Xpace Zine Library.
Can I visit Xpace with a group of friends?
We are not encouraging group visits of more than five (5) people in total. If you are accompanied, please let us know how many people are coming with you in advance and ensure that you remain two (2) metres apart from each other at all times. Keep in mind that you might not be allowed to enter the space at the same time if we are at capacity.
We’re looking forward to seeing you! 🙂