Call for Submissions
verb ( swapped , swapping )
take part in an exchange of : I was wondering if you’d like to swap with me.
• give (one thing) and receive something else in exchange : swap one of your sandwiches for a cheese and pickle?
• substitute (one thing) for another : I swapped my busy life on Wall Street for a peaceful mountain retreat.
SWAP: Work by OCAD U’s First Generation Students*
* First Generation Students are those whose parents or guardians did not attend university or college.
First Generation Art and Design students are invited to participate in the opportunity to have their work be part of a publication that will be launched at XPACE Cultural Centre on April 6th, 2013. Each contributor will also receive a copy of this original publication!
This is a call for students of all disciplines to produce one page of this publication working within the theme of SWAP,considering any exchange of giving and getting and the act of reciprocity. This theme can be interpreted any way you wish, and be expressed in any medium! The pages will be compiled and printed as a limited-edition risograph bookwork to be included in OCAD University and other local collections. The launch event will also feature a PechaKucha where interested publication participants will have the opportunity to speak about their work, their inspiration and anything else they choose!
Guidelines for Submission:
– Submit one page with the dimensions 8 ½ ” x 11″
– All works are to be submitted as a high resolution black and white or greyscale PDF at 300 dpi resolution at the above mentioned dimensions (this includes scans or digitally created 2-dimentional work, as well as photo documentation of 3-dimensional work or performances)
– The book will be printed in a single dark colour – please keep in mind that your page should read well in black and white!
• Please e-mail Jennie Suddick by Monday, January 21st, 2013 to express your interest in participating in the project
• Deadline for Submissions: Monday, February25th, 2013 @ 5:00pm
Send Submissions and expression of interest to: Jennie Suddick firstname.lastname@example.org
All First generation students are welcome to submit- you do not have had to participate in any previous First Generation Programming to take part!
** Please note: we reserve the right to not include any submission if it is deemed un-publishable for reasons of image quality, appropriateness, etc.